Sep 26, 2008

The Shopping Addiction



A client calls and asks if I can meet her for coffee at one of my favorite places, Dilworth Coffee House. "Sure!" I excitedly yelp, because for as much as she is a client, she has grown into a great friend. I walk into the coffee shop and happily greet Robert, the best Dilworth employee. His compliments and demure flirting always make me smile. I see the client sitting at a table by the window, wave and head right over to give her a big hug.

"How are you?" I ask and then my check up question, "How is your closet doing?" What she utters next knocks me to my knees...

"You are like a doctor" she says. "I had a shopping addiction." "The lessons you taught me cured it, and I confessed all of the hidden credit card debt to my husband last week." "He asked me why I'd done that, when I knew we couldn't afford it, and I had no answer." "Thank you so much for all you have done in my life."

I am no psychologist, but found an article that helps if you suffer, too.
http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/31/pf/shopaholics/

0 comments :